Getting rid of a tree in your yard can be a relief, especially if that tree was a nuisance or in poor health. But after removing the tree, you’ll likely be left with a large patch of roots that can be tough to work around or cause tripping hazards. Tree root removal might be at the top of your mind, but how do you get rid of them safely?
The team of expert arborists at Prestige Tree Experts can help. Tree root removal is a tricky job, but you don’t have to take it on alone. We are equipped with the right tools and experience to safely and effectively remove any tree roots that may be in the way. Plus, we offer tree removal and healthcare services that can keep your property in top shape. Learn more about our tree root removal services and get a free consultation today by calling 240.219.5676.
Why Are Tree Roots so Stubborn?
Tree roots can be difficult to remove because they grow in multiple directions, making them hard to dig up. They are also incredibly resilient and adaptable; even after being cut or moved, tree roots will still regrow as long as the root system is not completely destroyed. This means that if you attempt to remove tree roots yourself, it’s likely that they will come back in no time.
Methods for Getting Rid of Tree Roots from Your Yard
You can try removing roots from your yard using several different methods, including:
- Digging up the roots – This method works best if you can access the root system, but it is often difficult to do so effectively.
- Root pruning – Using a saw or other cutting tool, you can cut through the root systems and then remove them from the area.
- Chemical removal – Certain herbicides can help to kill tree roots. However, this method should only be used under the guidance of a professional arborist.
No matter which route you take, remember that tree root removal can be dangerous and should always be done with caution and care.
Tips for Preventing Future Tree Root Problems in Yards
Before you try removing tree roots from your yard, there are several things you need to consider for the safety of yourself, your community, and those around you, including:
- Check for pipes and wires in the area – Be sure to check for any potential hazards, such as utility lines or pipes, before removing tree roots.
- Check the soil type and drainage – Make sure that you are aware of the soil type and drainage in the area, as this will help determine how well the area will drain if you have to use water in the process.
- Research local regulations – Different areas have different laws and regulations when it comes to tree root removal. Be sure to check your local laws before starting any work.
- Consider expert services – If you are unsure of how to proceed with tree root removal, it is best to consult an experienced arborist who can provide professional advice and guidance.
Tree root removal can be complicated, but the team of certified arborists at Prestige Tree Experts is here to help make it easier for you.
Tree Root Removal Services from Prestige Tree Experts
At Prestige Tree Experts, we offer a variety of tree root removal services to meet your specific needs and help keep your landscape looking pristine. We are experienced in safely removing tree roots without causing any damage to the surrounding area. Our team of licensed and insured arborists will assess your yard and provide you with the best options for tree root removal.
Get a free consultation today by contacting us online or calling 240.219.5676.