When it comes to large tree removal, it is essential to choose the right service provider. Doing so will ensure the job is done safely and efficiently. Researching and taking certain factors into consideration can make finding the right tree removal service much easier and more successful. Read on to learn what you need to know when selecting a large tree removal service.
Ready to get your project started? Follow these steps and contact Prestige Tree Experts at 240.673.2474 today for fast and reliable large tree removal services in Jessup, MD and the surrounding Mid-Atlantic area.
Determine the Size of the Tree You Need to be Removed
It is important to accurately determine the size of a large tree that needs to be removed so you can choose the right large tree removal service. The size of a tree can be determined by measuring its diameter and height.
When measuring the diameter of a large tree, use a tape measure to find the distance around the trunk at four feet from the ground level. The diameter should then be measured again at one-foot intervals until reaching the widest portion. For many trees, the widest point may be higher than four feet above ground level.
The height of a large tree should also be determined using a tape measure by extending it from the ground level up to the highest point possible. It’s important to note that while this method is effective in determining an approximate measurement, there may still be slight discrepancies due to external factors such as branches, leaves, and other foliage covering part of the upper section of the tree.
Your safety is important when determining the size of the tree in consideration. If you cannot safely measure your tree, call an expert arborist for help.
What to Look for in a Local Large Tree Removal Company
When choosing a local large tree removal company, it’s important to consider certain factors. Here is a list of what to look for in a large tree removal company:
- Insurance – Make sure the company you select has insurance coverage for any potential damages caused by removals or other services.
- Experience – Check the company’s experience level and expertise when it comes to dealing with large trees.
- Licensing and certification – Ensure that the company is legally licensed and certified to remove large trees.
- Equipment – Ask about their equipment, tools, and techniques for performing tree removals to ensure that your property will be safe during the operation.
- Safety records – Request safety records of past projects so you can determine how successful and safe the job may be.
- Customer service – Check the customer reviews of the company you plan on hiring, as this will give you an indication of how they operate and what kind of service they provide.
Much of the information you need to make an informed decision can be found online. Many review sites, such as Google, Better Business Bureau, Angi, and Home Advisor, provide customer reviews and general information about companies that provide large tree removal services.
Contact Prestige Tree Experts for Large Tree Removal Services
At Prestige Tree Experts, we understand that removing large trees can be a difficult and dangerous job. That’s why we use professional equipment and expert techniques to perform safe, efficient tree removals for our clients.
Our team of ISA-certified arborists and Maryland-licensed tree experts has been serving the local area for more than 10 years. Plus, we have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and stellar reviews from the clients we’ve served. If you need help determining the size and scope of your project, or if you’re ready to get started, call us at 240.673.2474 or contact us online today.